The following example shows how you can display a custom description when installing an Adobe AIR application by setting the <description> node in the application’s XML installer file.
Full code after the jump.
To set the Adobe AIR application installer’s description, edit the following lines in the application’s XML file:
<!-- Description, displayed in the AIR application installer. May have multiple values for each language. See samples or xsd schema file. Optional. --> <description>The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.</description>
- Platform ActionScript Language Reference
- Detecting the number of screens on a users system in Adobe AIR
- Opening a new NativeWindow in Adobe AIR
- Detecting the line-ending character sequence used by the host operating system in Adobe AIR
- Displaying a custom title bar icon in a WindowedApplication container in Adobe AIR
- Setting a custom text style on the status bar on a WindowedApplication container in Adobe AIR
- Keeping a WindowedApplication on top of other windows in Adobe AIR
- Specifying whether a new Window is focused in Adobe AIR
- Opening a new Window in Adobe AIR
- Setting the file size display mode in the Flex FileSystemDataGrid control in Adobe AIR
- Sorting the FileSystemDataGrid control by date in Adobe AIR